Featured Post

The Cambion Chronicles ( Book 4)

Hey guys! Have you ever had a story in your head that you just had to get out? The characters you created are so lively and outg...

__________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________

Recent Posts

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

My Writing Routine

Yesterday, on one of those rare occasions when my sister takes interest in writing career, she asked me about my routine. This was an interesting question because I wasn’t sure if I have one. So I logged what I did for the next 24 hours to see if there was a pattern. This is what I got.

        11am:       Wake up

        11:30am:  Eat, check email, and stalk people on Twitter

        12pm:       Hit the gym and run errands

        3pm:         Eat again and write 2,000 words for new manuscript

        5:30pm:   Work on art projects, storyboards, and pre-production paperwork

        10pm:      Play around on YouTube and Twitter

        11pm:      Eat again and stalk my agent on Gcaht

        12am:      Reread and edit previous manuscript (line edits, proof pages, outlines, etc.)

        3am:        Read trashy romance e-book until I fall asleep

        4am:        Pass out

And the cycle starts all over again until the weekend where I either write for 8 hours straight or go over the stuff I wrote during the week and deleting half of it. Riveting, I know, but that’s the life of a hermit writer. Not everyone has the same schedule as I do, but I’m enjoying it while it lasts. The closer I get to release date of LIVING VIOLET, the crazier things are gonna get. Who knows, I might get to see what morning looks like.

What's your routine?

2 comments:

  1. I think you need to get more sleep! I only write on the weekends and the 1 (maybe 2 if I'm very lucky) writing day I have during the week. I find it hard to write on days I work, because my job just wears me out mentally. In the mornings I read and comment on blogs and in the evenings I beta read, write my own blog posts, and edit. And, re: your release date, YAY! Good crazy, right? Most of it, at least?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sleep? What's that? Mmmwwahhhhahhh!I do need to take some time to myself though. Things might get easier around the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

__________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________

Popular Posts

__________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________

Followers

The Apocalypsies!!

WNDB

Powered by Blogger.