Featured Post

The Cambion Chronicles ( Book 4)

Hey guys! Have you ever had a story in your head that you just had to get out? The characters you created are so lively and outg...

__________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________

Recent Posts

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Rise and Shine


Hey everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that I’m not dead.  I’ve just been taking a break after a grueling deadline, a fate I wish on NO man. I am officially done with my trilogy and I’m ready to interact with the outside world. I’m not even kidding. I have to wear shades everywhere I go because I’m not used to sunlight. These are the attributes of a hermit and I’m way too cute for that look. I’m seriously feeling the drain of writing 3 books back-to-back within a 16-month time span, so now I’m kicking back with a Coke and a smile. 

Looking back there’s a lot of things I would’ve done differently. One of the major things was having more finished writing material before submitting to my agent. I’m sure you’ve heard this before, but I can’t stress this enough for new writers. Have at least 2 side projects waiting in the wings for a rainy day. 

They should be stand-alone books because a series requires too much maintenance. I’m not talking about ideas you were tossing around or an outline. I’ve got a ton of those. No, I mean a completed manuscript sitting on the shelf.  This way:

1.     If you receive too many rejections you can submit another one that an agent might like instead.
2.     If you do get picked up by a publisher, you’ll have another project ready to go, because the first thing they’ll ask before the ink dries on your contract is “what else you got?”

Both situations will save you time, stress, and any possible mental breakdown that may arise. This also makes you look good to agents, that you’re serious about a writing career and not just a one hit wonder. You NEED time to breathe between projects and do other stuff like blog regularly and feed your pets. Okay, maybe that’s just me. All I’m saying is be prepared and this is the best way to go about it.

While I was brainstorming my next project--which is gonna be awesome by the way-- I’ve been messing around on Tumblr and created a page just for The Cambion Chronicles. It is up and running if you guys want to check it out. It has a lot of cool things pertaining to the series and random pics that I like.

Speaking of The Cambion Chronicles, I’ll be doing giveaways of Burning Emerald and other cool stuff starting next week, so keep an eye out for that.

All right, I’m busting out of the bat cave to watch the sun come up. I got my shades just in case.


Cheers! 



4 comments:

  1. Welcome back to the real world !I love your Tumblr layout, can't wait to finish Living Violet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so eager to read more of the Cambion Chronicles!

    I'm anticipating what happens to Sam & Caleb! Your novels inspired me to start up my own tumblr-based blog aptly named Caleb's Quarters!

    And welcome back to the real world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much guys. So glad you like it. It's good to be back and out and about. Who knew fresh air can be so invigorating.

      Delete
  3. Hey I'm kind of new to the Cambion Chronicles, and I just wanted to ask how many books you planned on writing within the series. I absolutely love your books with Caleb and Samara but I hate the anticipation between the books' release dates.

    ReplyDelete

__________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________

Popular Posts

__________________________________________________________

__________________________________________________________

Followers

The Apocalypsies!!

WNDB

Powered by Blogger.